Sigo Seguros is an inclusive auto insurance technology company serving the Spanish-speaking community. The company provides transparent, reliable, and affordable prices that remove fees and biased rating factors that have disproportionately affected minorities. Additionally, the customers with US and foreign licenses or IDs are able to get coverage. Founded in 2019, Sigo Seguros is available in Texas and offers a mobile-first platform that simplifies the auto insurance purchasing process. Sigo Seguros makes it easy to purchase the right coverage for you and your family.
As a Product Designer, you’ll drive product design initiatives from concept through execution. You'll understand user needs and design elegant solutions and features. We are looking for an experienced designer to lead contractors and internal resources on the development of new features, and improvement of existing designs.
This role reports directly to the COO.
- Organize and conduct user research to understand customer needs and inform design decisions.
- Manage projects through all phases of product design including: research, creating information architectures, product ideation, UX/UI design, prototyping, and implementation.
- Lead design contractors to evolve and refine our customer experience through product design, ensuring consistency across the product and marketing.
- Play a significant role in building out design processes, tools, and culture.
- Collaborate with product and engineering to design high quality solutions and define design vision
- Work with and improve brand guidelines to ensure consistency for brand style or voice through its customer touch points.
- 3+ years product design experience
- Portfolio of work which directly contributed to the success of past projects.
- Ability to translate company vision and customer solutions into digital product experiences.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills particularly as it pertains to user experience design.
- Understanding of design patterns, design systems, and aesthetic that considers usability and simplicity.
- Proficiency in design tools (i.e. Sketch, Invision, Figma, Adobe CC).
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance preferred.
- Ability to collaborate and work closely in cross-functional teams.
- Lead and thrive in non-hierarchical settings.
- Scrappy, self-starting hustler, able to get things done in an unstructured startup environment.
- Passion for social impact.
What we offer
- Generous early-stage equity grants.
- Competitive salary.
- Health and dental insurance.
- Flexible work environment.
- Paid parental leave.
- Responsibility and autonomy at a growing company.
- The opportunity to build something big and exciting.